The WSU Writing Program supports students and faculty at WSU as they engage in the practices of learning, tutoring, and teaching writing.
To support WSU students, the Writing Program:
- provides individualized support to students through the Undergraduate Writing Center and the Graduate Writing Center
- determines the best first-year writing experience for students through Writing Placement
- assesses mid-career writing progress through the University Writing Portfolio
- offers writing instruction and support in the WRIT courses.
To support WSU faculty, the Writing Program:
- offers resources and support for faculty who teach with writing
- provides guidance and resources for M Courses (writing-intensive courses in the major)
- facilitates professional development conversations for faculty within a department or discipline through the Brown Bag series
- hosts the WORD! Faculty Fellows annually for intensive support around teaching with writing.