Washington State University Writing Program
The WSU Writing Program is nationally acclaimed and for more than twenty-five years has provided time-tested and innovative instructional theories and practices to teach, tutor, and assess writing.
The Writing Program assesses student writing in the form of the Writing Placement Process and the University Writing Portfolio, provides individualized and small-group writing support to students through the Graduate and Undergraduate Writing Centers, and offers support and resources to faculty teaching writing in the Writing Across the Curriculum and Writing in the Disciplines initiatives. Use the menu to navigate through our site to learn more about each of these branches of the Writing Program.
Writing Program Honors
WSU’s Writing Program is ranked among the top in the nation by the 2018 U.S. News & World Report “BestColleges” list.
WSU has been included on this list every year for well over a decade.
Over 25 years of Excellence serving
Washington State University
Writing Center Honors
2018-2019 University Recognition of Writing Center Consultants
- Hannah Utter Western Regional Honors Council Award for Creative Nonfiction & publication in Scribendi
- Katelynn Drake Basil and Ella Alexander Jerard Scholarship
- Sara Quenzer Basil and Ella Alexander Jerard Scholarship & Sarah Weems Award for Creative Nonfiction
- Cody Andrews Herbert Eastlick Scholarship & Veterans Memorial Scholarship
- Jackie Estrada Kappa Delta Chi Executive Officer Excellence Award
Writing Assessment Honors
2015-2016 Top Junior Writing Portfolio awardees
- Alisha Balzaretti Education
- Sree Panchagnula Psychology
- Jaslyn Erickson Microbiology
- Halle Weimar Neurology
- Jesse Nelson Biology
- Jennifer Glover Zoology
- Ottara Pyne Philosophy
- Pearl Kleppin English (Tri Cities)
- Harmony Casey Psychology
- Kevin Berry History (Tri Cities)
- Taryn Harmon Nursing (Vancouver)
- Emily Epker English
- Daniel Lu Computer Science (Vancouver)
- Jillian Scott Psychology