WORD Learning Outcomes
Through participation in WORD, faculty will:
- Develop an informed writing pedagogy
- Explore low-stakes writing activities as opportunities for practice and wonder
- Practice formative assessment of writing that aligns with assignment purpose
- Consider assessment approaches based on genre, discipline, and assignment outcomes
- Collaborate with faculty from across the university
- Invite other perspectives and experiences into our ongoing practice of teaching / teaching with writing
- Create a scaffolded writing assignment that draws on and applies concepts and strategies learned through WORD
Check out this WSU Insider piece on the first WORD cohort and for more information about the experience.
2024 WORD Program Details
The 2024 WORD Fellows program will begin in mid-January. We are inviting all clinical- and tenure-track faculty on all campuses to apply.
- Weekly gatherings (in-person and/or on Zoom) spanning weeks 3 – 15 of the semester, meeting day and time TBD
- No “homework” between meetings, but rather an expectation of ongoing reflection
- Open to anyone who uses writing in their curricula or who wants to integrate writing into their courses
- $750 stipend earned through attendance at all sessions and completion of the program deliverable (the scaffolded writing assignment)
The 2024 WORD cohort is now full. We hope you check back with us next year and join the 2025 cohort.