The GWC offers a number of services to graduate and professional students who would like help with writing. Whether you work with us on a polished draft of a dissertation or a brand new cover letter for a job application, the GWC is able to help.
To schedule an appointment, visit our scheduling system.
Are you scheduling the appointment for the first time and are not sure how to do it? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. The video below explains the simple steps you can follow to schedule an appointment.
If you have any questions at any time about anything GWC related, email us at email@example.com. We’re here for you through all this as we support you online, and we want to help in anyway we can.
The mission of the Graduate Writing Center (GWC) is to assist graduate students from all disciplines with all types of written communications from research papers and publications to cover letters and curriculum vitae. The GWC offers individual online consultations in which a professional consultant works with students to help them learn to revise and edit their own writing. The GWC mission is educational, which is why we do not proofread or copyedit student work.
- Scheduled appointments take place entirely during the time allotted. Comments made by the consultant will not be emailed back to the author unless the author meets with the consultant during the designated hour to discuss the student’s work.
- For the rest of Spring 2020, to ensure our Graduate students get as much support as possible, graduate students can schedule as many appointments as they would like.
- Faculty and staff of WSU may not use the GWC unless they are also enrolled as graduate students; otherwise, faculty and staff are welcome to use the Professional Editing Service Center.
- Because proofreading/copy editing services are now available through the Professional Editing Service Center, scheduled appointments will not cover proofreading/copyediting.
- For any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
GWC Services Offered: Temporary Online-use Only!
Schedule an appointment for an in-depth online consultation focusing on your writing. Writing projects submitted should be limited to 15 double-spaced pages and emailed using the address of the consultant for your appointment (to find the email of your consultant, click here).
Make sure that you send your file no less than 24 hours before the appointment for every appointment. Please submit your file in either a .doc or .docx file type. If this isn’t possible, email your consultant to let them know.
Please note the following policies before scheduling an online appointment. For every appointment scheduled:
- One week’s time is needed to schedule and arrange a meeting. Simply make an appointment through our system, but be sure to email the consultant at lease one week in advance to ensure their availability for online consultation. Requests for a meeting in less than a week are not guaranteed to be accommodated.
- Meetings are conducted through Skype or Zoom. Students must have access to both audio and video through these programs. Please get in contact with your consultant no less than 24 hours before the meeting or the meeting will be canceled. Details will be worked out with the consultant through this communication.
Please email email@example.com to learn more about this service.
Please see the GWC Services Offered description (in the main body of this webpage) for our temporary online only use of the GWC.
If you have any questions at any time about anything GWC related, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The GWC can be found in CUE 402G. The GWC’s physical space is temporarily closed, but online consultations are available! See the hours below for availability.
Email address: email@example.com
Appointments are all listed in our scheduling system: wsu.mywconline.com.